Air conditioning is an important investment that requires careful consideration. There are a few factors to keep in mind when choosing the ideal air conditioner for your property. By avoiding these common mistakes, you can rest assured that you will find the best solution when buying air conditioning for your home or commercial property.
1. Focusing On Initial Costs Only
When it comes to installing air conditioning, the initial cost of the unit isn’t the only factor to consider. Running costs will vary greatly, depending on the type and size of the AC system you choose. Keep an eye out for energy ratings and energy-saving features that will help save you money in the long run.
It is also important to remember that when it comes to installing AC, cheaper isn’t always better. You should research your options thoroughly and choose a reputable company to install a system that suits your needs.
2. Buying the Wrong Sized Unit
There are a few factors that will determine what size air conditioner you will need. Firstly, the room’s size will determine the system’s cooling requirement. For example, a small 2.8KW wall-mounted unit is ideal for small spaces such as a small bedroom. If the unit is too big or small for the room, it will not provide effective cooling.
Other factors to consider are the number, size, and direction of windows. This is important because the amount of sunlight entering the space will affect the cooling requirement. This is to account for any heat gained by the sun. In addition, the use of the space is also an important factor. For example, a retail shop and apartment of a similar size may require different-sized units. The shop will typically have more people in the space and have the doors constantly opening and closing which allows some cool air to escape. You can use our handy size guide and calculator to find the right-sized unit for your space.
3. Not Researching Your Options Thoroughly
The time and effort you put into your research will ultimately affect how much you will get out of your investment. Your main priorities when trying to find the ideal AC system for your space are to:
- Find a reputable installation company – make sure that the company you choose has a good reputation, backed by customer reviews. Use customer feedback to see how the company deals with each stage of the installation process. During your site survey, it is important that you ask the right questions to ensure you have all of the information you need.
- Choose the right type and brand of air conditioner – There are different types of AC systems that are better suited for different types of properties. For example, ceiling cassette units are ideal for larger commercial properties and wall-mounted units are ideal for smaller residential spaces. In addition, different brands will have different features and energy ratings.
- Check if you need planning permission – some property restrictions mean that you may require planning permission to install air conditioning, while others prohibit the installation of an external condenser. This is especially true for apartments and flats in cities such as London. Make sure you are aware of the restrictions of your property.
4. Choosing A Company That Offers No Support
Air conditioning is an investment that will require regular care and maintenance. It is important that you find a licensed company with qualified engineers that provide all-around care so that you get the most out of your investment. The last thing you want is for something to malfunction and be stuck with no aftercare.
It is a good idea to choose a company with repairs and maintenance services. This way you can rest assured that you have qualified experts looking after your system. They will also already be familiar with your property and the unit you have installed. In addition, a good air conditioning company will offer a warranty on their work which means that your investment is protected.
Talk To The Experts
We are London’s local air conditioning experts. Our team of dedicated engineers are available for free consultations and site surveys. We understand that no two properties are the same, and that’s why we provide a bespoke installation service tailored to your specific requirements. Our water-cooled air conditioning units mean that we can cater to restricted properties, including apartments and Grade II listed buildings. Get in touch with our team of dedicated experts today!
GET IN TOUCH