We rely on our air conditioning systems the most during the summer months, so it is vital to service and maintain your unit in advance. The last thing you want is to find that your air conditioner doesn’t work at the beginning of summer. After the chilly winter months and crisp days of spring, the warm sun is a welcomed change. If your air conditioning has been sitting idle for months, you might be caught out and struggle to find a comfortable temperature. Maintaining your air conditioning goes a long way. It is always best to prepare to avoid unplanned breakdowns, failures, and even costly replacements.
Why Should I maintain My Air conditioning system Before the summer months?
The summer months are a busy period for air conditioning companies. It is therefore essential to book your maintenance service in advance. If you wait until summer arrives and find your air conditioning needs maintenance, you could wait days for a professional to come out. It is best to prepare and take care of your air conditioner in advance.
Signs that your air conditioning system needs servicing
There are steps you can take to keep your air conditioning clean and maintained. Firstly, it is a good idea to clean the filters on a regular basis and to ensure that the area surrounding the unit is clean and free from debris. When it comes to maintenance work and servicing however, you should always use a licensed professional. This is to retain your investment and get the most out of your air conditioning system. Secondly, learning the signs when your air conditioning unit needs servicing, is an effective way to prevent any unnecessary breakdowns. Look out for the following:
- The air coming from the unit is not cool
- There is little or no airflow coming from the unit
- It is releasing a bad smell
- The system is making an unusual rattling or wheezing noise
- The filters are visibly covered in dust and dirt buildup
Why should I have a maintenance plan for my air conditioning system?
Having a yearly maintenance plan will ensure that you are meeting HVAC guideline recommendations. An air conditioning specialist will carry out vigorous and effective preventative maintenance that will:
- Keep your equipment efficient and clean
- Rectify any potential problems before they escalate to failure or breakdowns
- Ensure you’re compliant with UK law
- Get the maximum life out of the equipment and ensure warranties stay intact
- Reduce electricity bills by minimizing power consumption
- Prevent breakdowns and reduce repairs costs
If you have an air conditioner at home or in your work place and want to ensure to maintain it for the summer months, we offer several AC maintenance and repairs plans. We offer a bespoke service at a highly competitive price.
Get in touch today and don’t get caught hot!